Friday 15 June 2012

'From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow'


Silver and Felt Pinecone Seed Pendant
 So, the Academic year is over for another year, or at least until September!!

The last few weeks have been quite hetic with hand in and manning the exhibition.

Now that everything is settling down again, I felt it was time to share my final products with you from the Design Event brief and here they are!!!


Porcelain and Felt Showpiece Necklace

These products were inspired from one of my happy places as this was the theme of the brief, the garden and nature within it gave me a wealth of possibilities to choose from and open up future ideas to consider in the future.

For these products I used a combination of materials from each area, instead of seperately making products in each discipline, I enjoyed the different challenges that this presented combining the unlikely materials together.



From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow
                                                        Aeschylus
I also used the actual pinecone seed as part of one of the products by incorporating this with a tracing paper envelope and a quote which tied into the seed. This represents the seed packets that comes with buying seeds.
Pinecone Seed and Envelope Necklace




Silver Pinecone Seed Necklace Detail







The plain silver pinecone seed pendants are as unique as the seeds produced by the pinecone, the effect can never be replicated on another piece, like that of no two seeds will not create the same tree.


Silver Pinecone Seed Necklace







So now that it's all handed in, it's time to turn my attention to researching my dissertation and to get the Summer Project started ready for September!!








No comments:

Post a Comment